Set up BlueBubbles without signing into your Google account
Download the .dmg file in the Assets list
Open the app and drag it to the applications folder when prompted. Right click (or Ctrl + Left click) the popup to Eject it. Finally, open the app from the applications folder, and you will be greeted with the welcome screen.
Proceed through the Intro, and Permissions steps, following the on-screen guide to enable accessibility and full disk access. Note that accessiblity is not required for BlueBubbles to function.
Once full disk access is enabled, proceed to the Notifications step. Switch to the Manual Setup tab to avoid signing in with Google.
Select Manual Setup
On your Mac, open the Firebase Console and login with your Google account. Create a Firebase account and generate
firebase-adminsdk.jsonby following the below video or written tutorial.
- 1.Click Create a Project and enter BlueBubblesApp as the name. Disable Google Analytics (why do you want Google spying on you?) and wait for the project to be created.
- 2.In the tabs on the far left, click Build > Firestore Database.
- 3.Next, Create database and press Next > Enable. You can change the database location if you are not based in North America so it is closer to you.
- 4.If Cloud Firestore glitches and does not show you the database page, simply refresh the page.
- 5.In the tabs near the top, click Rules
- 6.Set the rule's condition from
allow read, write: if false;to
allow read, write: if true;(Change false to true) and click Publish.
- 7.Click the gear cog in the top left and click Project Settings.
- 8.In the tabs near the top, navigate to Service Accounts. Generate a new private key and save this locally. This will download file 1 / 2 needed for the manual setup.
- 9.Next, navigate to the General tab.
- 10.Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Android icon to add an Android app. Set the package name to
com.bluebubbles.messagingand leave the other fields blank.
- 11.Click Register app, then Download google_services.json. This will download file 2 / 2 needed for the manual setup.
After getting the downloaded files, drag and drop them into the fields shown above.
Proceed to the Connection step.
Set a strong server password, and make sure to use the floppy disk icon to save it.
In most cases, Cloudflare is the proxy service you should use. If you experience any issues with it, please try the following:
- 1.Cycle your wifi connection on the client device (not the server Mac)
- 2.Restart the server app to get a new URL and repeat step 1 if necessary
- 3.Set Cloudflare DNS (
one.one.one.one) in your phone's Private DNS setting
If these fail, you can switch to Ngrok using the Proxy Service dropdown from the server settings. Ngrok may have increased outages and more rate limiting compared to Cloudflare.
Proceed to the Private API step.
Do not enable the Private API checkbox unless your requirements are passing and you have completed the setup.
Proceed to the Finish step. Here, you can customize any server settings to your liking, these are mostly cosmetic.
Be sure to visit any of our Basic or Advanced guides in the sidebar for even further configuration and customization possibilities!
You are now ready to download the app on your Android or PC!
Open the app, making sure to grant all permissions and disable battery optimizations. On the server connection step, you can use the QR code button on the server homepage to quickly connect, or type your URL and password manually. Sync your messages, and you're ready to use BlueBubbles!